Meditation Can Change Your Life - Are you Game?
Updated: Jan 2, 2020
I’m sure you’ve heard people praise the virtues of meditation. You may be skeptical of the claims that it helps with all aspects of life. But, the truth is, it does.
Sitting every day, for at least 15-30 minutes, makes a huge difference in how you approach life, how personally you take things and how you interact with others. It enhances compassion, allows you to see things more clearly including your inner self and creates a sense of calm and centeredness that is indescribable. There really is no substitute.
Meditation is a tool that you can use to disrupt the stress and unbalanced cycle that takes over our lives. Meditation is exercise for your brain. The benefits are numerous. In fact, Giovanni Dienstmann listed 76 scientific benefits of meditation on his blog Live and Dare. From stress relief to emotional well-being, meditation can help you transform your life and body. In the infographic below fromBestMedicalDegrees.com you can see how meditation can improve your life by reducing stress and anxiety.
Ultimately, by training your brain with meditation you can replace anxious, stressful thoughts with positive, joyful thoughts.
So how do you start?
Try practicing a simple meditation technique known as the wisdom-lotus Qigong method to reach mental tranquility and clarity. Derived from a branch of Chinese Buddhism, it is a relaxation and visualization technique that shares a similar principle with traditional Chinese medicine about healing.
The method recognizes that the connection between the internal system (body and mind) and the external system (universe) leads to well-being and healing, whereas pain manifests the internal and external disconnections.
The meditation technique is intended to create the connection and eliminate the disconnections.
The following selected exercises of wisdom-lotus Qigong represent one method to calm the mind. This technique can be practiced either indoors or outdoors, in standing or sitting positions. The process may take 15 minutes or longer, depending upon your needs.
1. Imagine that the Sun moves from a distance to you and then encases you; feel the warmth and brightness for one minute.
2. Imagine that the Sun shrinks to the size of a golf ball inside your belly area behind your navel; it still has warmth and brightness; let it stay there for 1 to 3 minutes.
3. Visualize a giant shining lotus (any color) that travels from a distance to you; you sit on the lotus; feel the light in the bright ball inside your belly coming out from all directions and connecting with the petals of the lotus; internally focus on the scene for 1 to 3 minutes.
4. Visually shrink the lotus to the size of a golf ball and mentally put it inside your belly behind the navel area.
5. Move the lotus in a circle from the center of the belly to the outside (counterclockwise seven or nine times and then clockwise seven or nine times); when moving the lotus counterclockwise, the circles become bigger each time; when moving the lotus clockwise, the circles become smaller each time until the lotus returns to the original location.
6. Focus on the lotus inside your belly for 1 to 3 minutes and then finish.
I thought this sounded ridiculous the first time I read it but I was determined to say I tried it and then laugh it off. This changed my life! I was amazed at how well my mind went along with the meditation and how amazing I felt afterwards. A new beginning for me for sure. How about you? Do you have 20 minutes to change your life? I challenge you to try this!
Check out our Spiritual and Meditation section of our shop for some great essential oils for Meditation, Yoga or your alter.
Be well my friends.